As I sit here writing my last post for the week, the trailer for The Hangover Part 3 came on and I just burst out laughing. I still have a smile plastered on my face just thinking about the trailer - it's freaking hilarious! I've watched the first two and it was pretty darn good and now after watching the trailer for the final installment, I'm pretty sure it's going to be epic. CAN NOT wait!
Now this post almost didn't happen because I had so much to do during the week that I barely started packing for my 2-weeks Europe trip. I'm leaving tomorrow and my checklist is full of things I've yet to check. Awesome. Nothing motivates people more than last-minute stress.
But I couldn't leave without trying this one cupcake that I've been meaning to make since forever. I had this bookmarked for almost a year but didn't get to do it for whatever reason. But I'm so, so glad that I made this - it's so delicious and light, and my mom (who doesn't really eat sweet stuff) gave them a thumbs up! Now wouldn't this be perfect for mother's day?
You could totally dive into this cupcake magarita-style. At least that's what I did. And it was da bomb. Like literally. Oh, and you could totally have them with magarita. Just sayin'. I wanted to but I have to start packing!
So till then my friends, keep going, keep smiling and...
Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Keylime Cream Cheese Frosting (cupcakes adapted from Ming Makes Cupcakes)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup crushed graham crackers (about 4-5 pieces of graham crackers, extra crushed graham crackers can be used to garnish)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup salted butter, room temp
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup whole milk
Keylime Cream Cheese Frosting (adapted from Natasha's Kitchen)
4 oz (114g) cream cheese, room temp
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
1-2 tbsp key lime juice
Zest of 1/2 key lime (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. In a mixer bowl, mix on low speed flour, corn starch, crushed graham crackers, baking powder, sugar and salt. Once fully combined, beat in butter until mixture is moistened. Add in egg and vanilla extract, and beat until incorporated.
3. Finally, add in honey and milk, and beat until just mixed - do not overbeat.
4. Scoop batter into prepared liners and bake in preheated oven for about 18 mins or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in pan for a minute or two, before removing them from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
6. For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting: As cupcakes cool, prepare frosting by beating cream until stiff peak forms. It would help to have your bowl and beaters chilled prior to beating the cream. Once stiff peak forms, remove bowl from mixer and pop it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
7. Now, in another bowl, beat your cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add key lime juice and zest (if using) and mix only until just incorporated.
8. Remove whipped cream from refrigerator and fold it into cream cheese mixture. Frost cupcakes as desired and top with more crushed graham crackers and a keylime wedge.