Friday, March 8, 2013

golden passionfruit muffins


Passionfruits are going pretty cheap here right now, so my mom snagged a couple of passionfruit bundle packs, only to realise we have a few more crinkly passionfruit still in the fridge. Passionfruit curd was requested but I was dead tired and didn't want anything too complicated.



And this totally fits the bill. Let me tell you that these muffins are bursting with passionfruit flavor. It's also really moist. I particularly love the slight tartness that comes with these muffins and because I didn't strain the pulp, the seeds adds a nice crunch to the overall experience. If you're a passionfruit lover, please, make these.

Golden Passionfruit Muffins (adapted from Best Recipes)
30 g butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup ripe passionfruit pulp, not strained
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 6-hole muffin pan.
2. Beat melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
3. Fold in flour and finally mix in passionfruit.
4. Divide batter evenly and bake in preheated oven for about 20 mins. Let cool in pan for a minute or so, and transfer to wire rack to allow them to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar, if desired and enjoy!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh these sound delicious, I love the idea of passion fruit muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/03/clever-chicks-blog-hop-25-polka-dot.html



    I hope you can make it!



    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...